Only a handful of day to go until the 2018 Festival of Quilts.
We’re looking forward to being there, we’re looking forward to seeing you there.
And if you need some motivation just have a look at the winning quilts from last year’s festival
See you at Stand A42 opposite the Bernina Stand and NOT at Stand B32 as listed in the showguide.
BERNINA presser feet are in a class of their own. Watch this video to see how they are produced and what makes them so special. Each BERNINA foot is precision-engineered for a specific task. The robust shanks and soles are made of the finest materials and processed with the utmost care and expertise.
What you can expect when you buy a BERNINA Presser Foot from Quilt Direct:
- Finest materials
- Swiss engineered quality
- State of art technology
- Know how
- Excellent Quality Control
- Passion for detail
- Superb service from the Quilt Direct team
Quilter’s Rule is a family-run business offering a great range of Design Tools for quilting. Patricia Simon from Quilter’s Rule will be spending some time with us at Stand B32 at the Festival of Quilts, and will also be hosting 2 talks:
- Templates/Rulers & Machine Quilting: A Primer Course – Sunday, 12 August 10:30
- Unlock your Creativity: The Key is Templates/Rulers – Sunday, 12 August 15:30
Patricia has developed a knack for designing different quilting patterns which she will be demonstrating at Festival of Quilts. Her signature class “Unlock Your Creativity (The Key is Templates)” has opened a whole new world to people who are not naturally artists. Her techniques are applicable to all quilters regardless of whether you hand quilt, use a home machine, a short-arm, a mid-arm, or a long-arm machine. These techniques can even be used in a variety of different crafts. All Quilter’s Rule products come with an easy to understand downloadable instructions.
If you’d like to see Patricia in action pop along to the Quilt Direct Stand at Festival of Quilts or book one of Patricia’s classes.
Have a look at Quilt Direct’s great range of Quilter’s Rule products. We look forward to seeing you at the Festival of Quilts.
From now until the end of May 2018 the Bernina 770QE is available from Quilt Direct for only £2,995 saving £200.
- The BERNINA Hook – a centrally placed driver which allows the BERNINA Hook to run fast and quiet. The BERNINA Hook can sew high-precision stitches up to 9 mm at speeds up to 1,000 stitches per minute, and the bobbin holds up to 70% more thread.
- Extended Freearm – a meticulously engineered extended freearm with 10 inches of space to the right of the needle providing plenty of space for large, beautiful sewing and quilting projects.
- BERNINA Adaptive Thread Tension – electronically adjusts to the selected stitch width, length, speed, and needle position on each penetration of the needle into the fabric. The result is the finest stitching without pressing a button.
- BERNINA Patchwork foot 97D – with movable guide rail it provides extra reliability for when joining together the patchwork pieces. When used in conjunction with the straight stitch needle place, it enables you to achieve a perfect stitch result.
- BERNINA Dual Feed – tames hard-to-manage fabrics providing superb fabric feed and optimum visibility while sewing. Easy to engage when needed, the BERNINA Dual Feed tucks completely out of the way when it’s not.
- The BERNINA Stitch Regulator (BSR) – assists with free-motion sewing and quilting with a straight or zigzag stitch, ensuring stitches of the exact same length even at variable sewing speeds.
- Embroidery Unit – simply slot the embroidery unit into the machine and off you go! With 140 Designs and 6 Alphabets you will have plenty of inspiration.
- Free Tuition – Quilt Direct offer up to 1½ days free tuition in beautiful Devon. There are also free tuition days at the Bernina Tuition Centre in London.
There are some great accessories available with the 770QE
|Presser Feet: 7||4 Bobbins|
|Reverse Pattern Foot 1C (9mm)||1 Pack Asstd Needles|
|Reverse Pattern Foot 1D (9mm Dual Feed)||Height Compensation Tool|
|Automatic Buttonhole Foot 3A||Seam Guide Right|
|Zipper Foot 4D (Dual Feed)||Seam Ripper|
|Open Toe Embroidery Foot 20C (9mm)||Small Screwdriver|
|Patchwork Foot 97D (Dual Feed)||Touch Screen Pen|
|BERNINA Stitch Regulator (BSR) 42||Angular Torx Tool|
|Instruction Manual||Torx Screw Driver|
|Instructional Presentation DVD||3 Spool Retainers|
|Slide-on Table||2 Foam Pads|
|Free Hand System (Knee Lift)||Oil|
|Soft Cover||Lint brush|
|Accessory Wardrobe||Straight Stitch/ Cutwork Needle Plate|
All this plus the fantastic 7 year Bernina warranty.
But don’t take our word for it, have a look at this great Bernina video showcasing the BERNINA 770QE.
Sorry, but you’ll have to supply your own kittens!
Still not sure? Try the Bernina 770 Simulator. Download the Simulator and try the many features of the BERNINA 770 on your own Windows PC screen (simulator is 85MB)
(Offer available until 31 May 2018 while stocks last)
Get rid of the cotton and muslin bits and pieces. Some of you probably even still have an old towelling nappy stashed away!
The OESD Perfect Embroidery Press Cloth is the only press cloth you will ever need!
The OESD Perfect Embroidery Press Cloth
- Presses puckers out of embroidered fabrics
- Prevents embroidery texture from getting crushed
- Absorbs steam to set a perfectly pressed finish
- Lasts forever (well, maybe not forever, but for a very long time)
- Is easy to use, easy to maintain
- Measures 20 inches square
It is great for quilt blocks – the texture of the press cloth is perfect for accommodating bulky seams!
Have a look at this video of the OESD Perfect Embroidery Press Cloth in action
The Perfect Embroidery Press Cloth can also be used like a traditional press cloth.
Just place project right side up on ironing surface and place press cloth over the top of the project.
Order yours from Quilt Direct now
We love it when our clients are happy, and every now and then we get such a lovely letter we just have to share it.
Here’s what Elizabeth G had to say about Rick, the Bernina Doctor.
Please pass on my heartfelt thanks to Rick, I bought my Bernina Artista 640 [a few years ago], at the time was not thinking about the embroidery module, sadly , the module was discontinued much to my annoyance I was not informed of this, so, when I did decide the time was right I was left high and dry, until, my Husband, browsing through the website for Bernina products he came across Quilt Direct, this “light bulb” moment discovery was to prove a turning point in my life, not only , with your knowledge and help did I get a module that would work on my 640, but, the amazing Rick came into my life , well not only my life but also my 640 !! I had never really got the high definition sewing results I had expected, until, having spoken with Rick on the telephone, here I must also point out Rick spent an inordinate amount of his time on the phone explaining how I could improve the working of my machine, which I had been constantly returning to the shop for correction and maintenance which was like putting a sticking plaster over a gaping wound !! at this point my Husband and I decided to make the nearly 400 mile round trip to see you and allow Rick to do a proper and I emphasise, a proper service, needless to say after Rick had worked his magic proving his knowledge of Bernina machines second to none I was given back a machine working better than it had ever done even from day one of purchase, I cannot praise Rick highly enough I call him my hero as the overriding joy I get from my sewing and embroidery has enhanced my life a hundred fold, as an 80 year old and a sewer from the age of 12 I have had a number of sewing machines but, never , has sewing given one more delight than my Bernina 640 and that is all up to Rick to whom I shall be eternally grateful .. no one else will be trusted with the maintenance work it will always be sent to Rick I just cannot praise him highly enough … needless to say, my Bernina 700 will also be under the sole protection of Rick. I would highly recommend his expertise and workmanship to anyone wishing to prolong and receive the high definition of work from their machine to none other than RICK … my thanks to you both for all you have done for me over the last two years proving no matter what age you are, given the best machine and best mechanic you will have endless hours of pleasure
Yours most sincerely
Well, that made Rick blush! Rick and everyone at Quilt Direct are privileged to be a part of this happy story, and we hope Elizabeth has many, many more years of happy sewing.
If you want to find out a bit more about getting a bit of Rick magic into your Bernina, send us a quick email.
Do you have a quilter in your life?
Here are a couple of useful ideas for Christmas gifts ( if you are the quilter in someone’s life, just leave this page open where it can be seen!)
If you’re still stuck for ideas there’s always a nice new top of the range Bernina Machine,
or maybe just a fabulous Quilt Direct gift voucher
We hope we’ve made Christmas shopping a tiny, little bit easier for you!