Bernina Sewing Machines celebrate their 125th anniversary in 2018.
To mark this milestone Bernina produced some fantastic limited edition anniversary products. As 2018 draws to a close don’t miss the opportunity to own some of these fantastic products.
Please contact us on 01822 810877 to talk about availability for these special edition machines.
Out of stock at the time of writing – please use the link above to gte notified when back in stock.
There’s also a fab free Star Jubilee pattern available here
See the video with details of this fantastic collection
Contact Quilt Direct on 01822 810877 to find out more about this and other products
BERNINA Toolbox – Embroidery made easy.
Do what you want to do! With BERNINA Toolbox, you not only have the right tool for the job but you can access a number of inspiring designs and templates. Let your imagination run wild and make the most out of your ideas: custom embroidered works of art that will delight your friends and family! Get started with Mac, PC or Tablet, compatible with all common Embroidery Machines.
BERNINA Toolbox Editing
- Edit embroidery designs
- Modify designs or objects
- Combine, rotate or duplicate
Mirror & rescale designs
- 100 embroidery designs for free
BERNINA Toolbox Lettering
- Embroider individual lettering
- 100 alphabets to choose from
- 6 text shapes
- 5 two-tone fonts
- 200 embroidery designs for free
BERNINA Toolbox -Lettering Basic
- Get started with embroidering letters
- 20 alphabets to choose from
- 6 text shapes
Widen and italicize lettering
- 100 embroidery designs for free
BERNINA Toolbox Monogramming
- Monograms for personalization
- 15 specially designed alphabets
- 10 monograms for very small lettering
1 to 3-letter monograms
- 100 embroidery designs for free
Select separate modules or get a discount when you buy the complete BERNINA Toolbox Bundle
BERNINA Toolbox 30 Day Trial Download
Download for Windows
Download for MAC
Bernina have given us a link to download the basic version of the Bernina Artlink Embroidery Software. This allows easy re-sizing and re-colouring of designs and is specifically used to reformat and download designs from your PC to your Bernina embroidery machines.
Artlink has an improved user interface and is compatible with most brands – not just Bernina.
If you need more than the free version has to offer, then you might consider buying the latest full Bernina Designer Plus Version Software from QuiltDirect.
Keep an eye on Quilt Direct for special offers and new products
Only a handful of day to go until the 2018 Festival of Quilts.
We’re looking forward to being there, we’re looking forward to seeing you there.
And if you need some motivation just have a look at the winning quilts from last year’s festival
See you at Stand A42 opposite the Bernina Stand and NOT at Stand B32 as listed in the showguide.
BERNINA presser feet are in a class of their own. Watch this video to see how they are produced and what makes them so special. Each BERNINA foot is precision-engineered for a specific task. The robust shanks and soles are made of the finest materials and processed with the utmost care and expertise.
What you can expect when you buy a BERNINA Presser Foot from Quilt Direct:
- Finest materials
- Swiss engineered quality
- State of art technology
- Know how
- Excellent Quality Control
- Passion for detail
- Superb service from the Quilt Direct team
Quilter’s Rule is a family-run business offering a great range of Design Tools for quilting. Patricia Simon from Quilter’s Rule will be spending some time with us at Stand B32 at the Festival of Quilts, and will also be hosting 2 talks:
- Templates/Rulers & Machine Quilting: A Primer Course – Sunday, 12 August 10:30
- Unlock your Creativity: The Key is Templates/Rulers – Sunday, 12 August 15:30
Patricia has developed a knack for designing different quilting patterns which she will be demonstrating at Festival of Quilts. Her signature class “Unlock Your Creativity (The Key is Templates)” has opened a whole new world to people who are not naturally artists. Her techniques are applicable to all quilters regardless of whether you hand quilt, use a home machine, a short-arm, a mid-arm, or a long-arm machine. These techniques can even be used in a variety of different crafts. All Quilter’s Rule products come with an easy to understand downloadable instructions.
If you’d like to see Patricia in action pop along to the Quilt Direct Stand at Festival of Quilts or book one of Patricia’s classes.
Have a look at Quilt Direct’s great range of Quilter’s Rule products. We look forward to seeing you at the Festival of Quilts.
From now until the end of May 2018 the Bernina 770QE is available from Quilt Direct for only £2,995 saving £200.
- The BERNINA Hook – a centrally placed driver which allows the BERNINA Hook to run fast and quiet. The BERNINA Hook can sew high-precision stitches up to 9 mm at speeds up to 1,000 stitches per minute, and the bobbin holds up to 70% more thread.
- Extended Freearm – a meticulously engineered extended freearm with 10 inches of space to the right of the needle providing plenty of space for large, beautiful sewing and quilting projects.
- BERNINA Adaptive Thread Tension – electronically adjusts to the selected stitch width, length, speed, and needle position on each penetration of the needle into the fabric. The result is the finest stitching without pressing a button.
- BERNINA Patchwork foot 97D – with movable guide rail it provides extra reliability for when joining together the patchwork pieces. When used in conjunction with the straight stitch needle place, it enables you to achieve a perfect stitch result.
- BERNINA Dual Feed – tames hard-to-manage fabrics providing superb fabric feed and optimum visibility while sewing. Easy to engage when needed, the BERNINA Dual Feed tucks completely out of the way when it’s not.
- The BERNINA Stitch Regulator (BSR) – assists with free-motion sewing and quilting with a straight or zigzag stitch, ensuring stitches of the exact same length even at variable sewing speeds.
- Embroidery Unit – simply slot the embroidery unit into the machine and off you go! With 140 Designs and 6 Alphabets you will have plenty of inspiration.
- Free Tuition – Quilt Direct offer up to 1½ days free tuition in beautiful Devon. There are also free tuition days at the Bernina Tuition Centre in London.
There are some great accessories available with the 770QE
|Presser Feet: 7||4 Bobbins|
|Reverse Pattern Foot 1C (9mm)||1 Pack Asstd Needles|
|Reverse Pattern Foot 1D (9mm Dual Feed)||Height Compensation Tool|
|Automatic Buttonhole Foot 3A||Seam Guide Right|
|Zipper Foot 4D (Dual Feed)||Seam Ripper|
|Open Toe Embroidery Foot 20C (9mm)||Small Screwdriver|
|Patchwork Foot 97D (Dual Feed)||Touch Screen Pen|
|BERNINA Stitch Regulator (BSR) 42||Angular Torx Tool|
|Instruction Manual||Torx Screw Driver|
|Instructional Presentation DVD||3 Spool Retainers|
|Slide-on Table||2 Foam Pads|
|Free Hand System (Knee Lift)||Oil|
|Soft Cover||Lint brush|
|Accessory Wardrobe||Straight Stitch/ Cutwork Needle Plate|
All this plus the fantastic 7 year Bernina warranty.
But don’t take our word for it, have a look at this great Bernina video showcasing the BERNINA 770QE.
Sorry, but you’ll have to supply your own kittens!
Offer available until 31 May 2018 while stocks last
Get rid of the cotton and muslin bits and pieces. Some of you probably even still have an old towelling nappy stashed away!
The OESD Perfect Embroidery Press Cloth is the only press cloth you will ever need!
The OESD Perfect Embroidery Press Cloth
- Presses puckers out of embroidered fabrics
- Prevents embroidery texture from getting crushed
- Absorbs steam to set a perfectly pressed finish
- Lasts forever (well, maybe not forever, but for a very long time)
- Is easy to use, easy to maintain
- Measures 20 inches square
It is great for quilt blocks – the texture of the press cloth is perfect for accommodating bulky seams!
Have a look at this video of the OESD Perfect Embroidery Press Cloth in action
The Perfect Embroidery Press Cloth can also be used like a traditional press cloth.
Just place project right side up on ironing surface and place press cloth over the top of the project.