In honour of their 10th birthday, Aurifil have produced this fabulous brochure “All About Aurifil”.
It contains some useful information relating to Aurifil products, all easy to read and accompanied by some gorgeous images.
Aurifil is 100% Egyptian Cotton, grown on the banks of the Nile in Egypt. The cotton is then transported to Milan, where it is made into thread. Aurifil offer six different weights of cotton, as well as a wool/acrylic blend, polyester and monofilament.
The brochure gives details of all the Aurifil threads:
- 12wt – this is the heaviest weight thread, perfect for embroidery and quilting
- 28wt – the second heaviest, used for double strand cross stitch, blanket stitch, quilting and machine lace
- 40wt – slightly thicker weight makes it perfect for use with sewing bags, toys or dolls
- 50wt – for piecing, subtle quilting & top stitching, and English paper piecing. The slightly thinner weight creates more accurate and flatter seams
- 80wt – the newest member of the Aurifil family. Perfect for a variety of techniques, including English Paper Piecing, Hand Applique and Machine Embroidery
- Wool – 12wt thread in a lovely, soft blend of 50% acrylic and 50% wool. Use this thread when you want to create texture or visually pleasing details
- Floss – A brilliant six-strand divisible thread that may be used as purchased, or one or more strands may be separated to create thread of various thicknesses. Cross-stitch, Huck embroidery and Miniature punch-needle embroidery
- Polyester Thread – a 40wt high-sheen premium trilobal polyester thread, This thread gives absolutely no lint and no issue with thread breaking. It is perfect for Long-arm Quilters.