The Accents in Design Fine Line Ruler is designed for all types of quilters, quilting machines and right or left handed quilters.
The ruler base is 1/4″ (.236 thick acrylic) thickness and 2-1/2″ wide. By transferring the ability to control the ruler with your fingers using the finger grips, you will ease tension in your shoulders while quilting — the placement of your fingers on the ruler is a natural position for your hand and your arm.
When using traditional rulers and templates with a longarm or frame system, keeping your ruler or template in place puts pressure on the base of the ruler or template. This will sandwich your quilt top under the ruler and puts pressure on the ruler base on the underside of your quilt. This method can create inconsistent stitches because your machine isn’t able to glide as freely across the top of your quilt with the added pressure.
Traditional rulers and templates cannot be utilized by the sit-down machine quilter — the design of the Accents in Design Fine Line Ruler has changed that! It offers excellent control. Using the Fine Line Quilter’s Ruler on a home sewing machine system, you never have to break your thread, raise your feed dogs, or change to your walking foot to achieve straight line designs. You can easily outline a block with “stitch in the ditch”, or outline your patterns within your block and continue on in “free-motion” without ever breaking your threads.
Sit-down machine quilters can outline a Mariner’s Compass motif without turning their quilt. Don’t pivot your quilts to change stitching directions, change the angle of your ruler and complete vertical, horizontal and diagonal design elements.
- Thick crystal clear cast acrylic base for durability and an unobstructed view of your pattern and material.
- Resistance strip on the underside of the ruler base keeps your ruler in place while quilting.
- Laser scoring on the underside for design width accuracy. Incremental scoring (from needle down) edge of ruler base to edge of hopping foot = 1/4″, first scoring from ruler edge = 1/2″, second scoring from ruler edge = 1″ of width for your designs.
- Incremental scoring is the same on both sides of the ruler base. No matter which hand or direction your ruler is placed, the incremental scoring is the same.
- Finger grips: Promote a natural hand position on the ruler. Keeps you in control of your ruler at all times. Allows you to manipulate the ruler, even a tiny bit, to keep you stitching where you need to be. With the finger grips you can have light resistance or strong resistance on your quilt top. The control is where it needs to be.
Buy Accents in Design Fine Line Ruler from Quilt Direct