Monthly Archives: April 2018
From now until the end of May 2018 the Bernina 770QE is available from Quilt Direct for only £2,995 saving £200.
- The BERNINA Hook – a centrally placed driver which allows the BERNINA Hook to run fast and quiet. The BERNINA Hook can sew high-precision stitches up to 9 mm at speeds up to 1,000 stitches per minute, and the bobbin holds up to 70% more thread.
- Extended Freearm – a meticulously engineered extended freearm with 10 inches of space to the right of the needle providing plenty of space for large, beautiful sewing and quilting projects.
- BERNINA Adaptive Thread Tension – electronically adjusts to the selected stitch width, length, speed, and needle position on each penetration of the needle into the fabric. The result is the finest stitching without pressing a button.
- BERNINA Patchwork foot 97D – with movable guide rail it provides extra reliability for when joining together the patchwork pieces. When used in conjunction with the straight stitch needle place, it enables you to achieve a perfect stitch result.
- BERNINA Dual Feed – tames hard-to-manage fabrics providing superb fabric feed and optimum visibility while sewing. Easy to engage when needed, the BERNINA Dual Feed tucks completely out of the way when it’s not.
- The BERNINA Stitch Regulator (BSR) – assists with free-motion sewing and quilting with a straight or zigzag stitch, ensuring stitches of the exact same length even at variable sewing speeds.
- Embroidery Unit – simply slot the embroidery unit into the machine and off you go! With 140 Designs and 6 Alphabets you will have plenty of inspiration.
- Free Tuition – Quilt Direct offer up to 1½ days free tuition in beautiful Devon. There are also free tuition days at the Bernina Tuition Centre in London.
There are some great accessories available with the 770QE
|Presser Feet: 7||4 Bobbins|
|Reverse Pattern Foot 1C (9mm)||1 Pack Asstd Needles|
|Reverse Pattern Foot 1D (9mm Dual Feed)||Height Compensation Tool|
|Automatic Buttonhole Foot 3A||Seam Guide Right|
|Zipper Foot 4D (Dual Feed)||Seam Ripper|
|Open Toe Embroidery Foot 20C (9mm)||Small Screwdriver|
|Patchwork Foot 97D (Dual Feed)||Touch Screen Pen|
|BERNINA Stitch Regulator (BSR) 42||Angular Torx Tool|
|Instruction Manual||Torx Screw Driver|
|Instructional Presentation DVD||3 Spool Retainers|
|Slide-on Table||2 Foam Pads|
|Free Hand System (Knee Lift)||Oil|
|Soft Cover||Lint brush|
|Accessory Wardrobe||Straight Stitch/ Cutwork Needle Plate|
All this plus the fantastic 7 year Bernina warranty.
But don’t take our word for it, have a look at this great Bernina video showcasing the BERNINA 770QE.
Sorry, but you’ll have to supply your own kittens!
Offer available until 31 May 2018 while stocks last
Get rid of the cotton and muslin bits and pieces. Some of you probably even still have an old towelling nappy stashed away!
The OESD Perfect Embroidery Press Cloth is the only press cloth you will ever need!
The OESD Perfect Embroidery Press Cloth
- Presses puckers out of embroidered fabrics
- Prevents embroidery texture from getting crushed
- Absorbs steam to set a perfectly pressed finish
- Lasts forever (well, maybe not forever, but for a very long time)
- Is easy to use, easy to maintain
- Measures 20 inches square
It is great for quilt blocks – the texture of the press cloth is perfect for accommodating bulky seams!
Have a look at this video of the OESD Perfect Embroidery Press Cloth in action
The Perfect Embroidery Press Cloth can also be used like a traditional press cloth.
Just place project right side up on ironing surface and place press cloth over the top of the project.