Monthly Archives: October 2017
Always buy the best cutting mat you can afford – Quilt Direct stock a range of cutting mats (give us a call if you need some advice).
Cutting Mat Cleaner
Invest in a cutting mat cleaner- it’s worth it. A cutting mat cleaner will prolong the life of your cutting mat by removing embedded fibres and lint. It is simple to use – just brush the cleaner across the cutting mat and any fibres will be pulled out of the crevasses. Clean the cutting mat cleaner under cold water and reuse.
Some useful tips on caring for your cutting mat
- Store it lying flat. – don’t roll it or store it on its edge
- Don’t use it for anything but cutting – it is not a coaster!
- Don’t leave it in direct sunlight or stored too close to radiators etc
- Moisturize your mat every now and again by soaking it for about 20 minutes in a bath of cool water mixed with ¼ cup of white vinegar to every gallon of water. Rinse and dry – but no heat or direct sunlight! This is particularly useful for mats that might be a little smelly
- Avoid repeated cutting lines by cutting on different sections of the mat. Repeatedly cutting on measured lines could create grooves and end up slicing right through your mat