Monthly Archives: March 2017
Quilt Direct are pleased to introduce our fabulous new Bernina Studio.
Demonstration Area – a range of machines for you to try before you buy
Long Arm Rental – Need to finish a large quilt? Hire by the hour
Training Room – One to one training from Katherine
Care Centre – Rick the ‘Bernina Doctor’ offers specialist servicing and repair
Self-catering Accommodation – Stay in this charming cottage when you visit the Bernina Studio
- Full range of Bernina machines for you to try before you buy
- Expert help to ensure you get the best machine for your needs
- Bespoke training tailored to your requirements
Bernina Q20 Long Arm Hire
Need to finish a large quilt? Hire our Bernina Q20 Long Arm by the hour. Tuition and set up provided. Spend a couple of days in this idyllic setting while you catch up with large projects.
- Katherine Letherby is passionate about machine sewing loves sharing her extensive knowledge.
- One to one sessions in the delightful Studio, tailored to meet your exact requirements
- Katherine’s previous sewers have commented on her ‘skill and patience;’ and refer to their visits as a ‘fun retreat with welcoming people’
- Rick, the Bernina Doctor is a certified Bernina specialist and only services Bernina sewing machines
- He can advise how to keep your machine in tip top condition
- Rick offers a range of services with a full report and a reminder of when your next service is due
- Full in-depth cleaning and lubrication, inside and out.
- Adjusts to Bernina specifications using specialised Bernina tools
Think the edge of Dartmoor is a bit far to come for any of the services offered by Bernina Studio? Well, there’s a lovely little cottage available to rent right next door to the Studio.
- Private cottage with lounge and conservatory, own garden and access to fields
- One double and one twin bedroom with countryside views
- Bath with shower over and a downstairs cloakroom
- Wonderful walks and country pubs close by. The award-winning market town of Tavistock is just 5 miles away.
- Have your Bernina serviced or have some tuition while you stay, or just enjoy the tranquil setting
- Competitive rates for short breaks or holidays
The Bernina Studio facilities and cottage are available by appointment only. Call Quilt Direct to arrange your visit.
You may have seen the new Bernina ruler kits that we now have in stock. Well, if you’re not sure if you need these kits, why not have a look at this great little ebook from Bernina.
An easy to follow guide to quilting with rulers and using the BERNINA ruler work presser feet. This great little guide will help you understand:
- Ruler Work Accessories
- Machine Setup
- Ruler Preparation